Outback Lamb chops with peperonata and burrata
The perfect meal for BBQs. Deliciously grilled lamb chops served with roasted peppers, vinegar-soaked currents, topped with a creamy burrata and crumbled pistachios.
Lamb chops (3-4 per person works best)
8-10 tbsp sliced peppers in oil, drained
½ Spanish onion, finely diced
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp currants
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
60gm burrata’s (1 per person)
2 tbsp Crumbled pistachios.
If you haven’t any bottled peppers in oil, just slice and roast some coloured capsicums for 20 minutes. You can always roast whole and peel, it really just depends on your preferences and the time available. I always have a bottle in the pantry and it's perfect for this dish.
1. Toss bottled peppers with diced onion and set aside.
2. Place vinegar and currants in a small saucepan, heat for a minute and then let cool.
3. Combine all ingredients and mix. Chill.
4. Serve with the BBQ chops and place a burrata on each plate.
5. crumble the pistachios on top for that extra crunch.
6. Don’t forget to serve lots of good, crusty bread for mopping up the juices!